Friday, March 26, 2021

The BRIGHT SPOT Awards: Day 023

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Recipient: 
Bailey, 5 Green Boxes, Platt Park

Mike and I stopped by this cool little store on the way home from one of our walks. Bailey was standing at the counter and so I started a conversation.

Me: Just curious…do you like working here?
Bailey: Yeah, I do.
Me: What about it do you like?
Bailey: Well, I'm an artist and there are so many beautiful things in the store.
Me: What kind of artist?
Bailey: I'm a painter.
Mike: Is any of your work available in the store?
Bailey: No, not yet. I've just started working here.

A painter! How wonderful! The world needs as many artists as it can get. 
Have an award.
"For: Sharing a bit about yourself and for making the world a nicer place and practicing your art!"

P.S.: Bailey was working when Mike went back without me to buy me a birthday present. She remembered us and had lovely things to say about the experience. It's not the reason I'm doing this project, but it surely was nice to hear.




 

No comments: