Wednesday, September 6, 2023

The BRIGHT SPOT Awards: No. 075

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Recipient: Gabby @ IKEA Restaurant, Centennial, CO






Are you still convinced a BRIGHT SPOT Award-worthy occasion needs to be a big deal?

I wanted a piece of salmon *and* the Swedish meatballs, but not too many meatballs. Gabby suggested an elegant solution -- order the meatballs in a kid's meal, and the salmon a la carte. That worked out perfectly because I wasn't after huge portions. And she had a lovely smile (not pictured here because she is camera-shy).

That's it. The very definition of low barrier to entry.

The cynics may say I just needed to meet my quota.
The haters may say my optimism is childish/unrealistic/too much to stomach.
I say, Have at it, people! You are absolutely entitled to express your opinions. That ain't my business.

I think ready access to delight is part of my original packaging -- so fortunate! -- and a low barrier to entry where happiness is concerned is a gift.

The good news for everyone else is this: You can access it as well. The more you look for those moments in your day, the more you will find them.


SEE THE BRIGHT SPOT. BE THE BRIGHT SPOT.
xoxo

No comments: