Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The BRIGHT SPOT Awards: No. 042, No. 043

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Recipients:
Melissa and Ana @ FedEx, Golden








I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Sometimes, it's the little things.

My client had something that needed to be shipped to arrive by the 22nd at the latest; I offered to run that errand before our meeting with the accountant. I could get there and back in time, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Somebody may have forgotten that Christmas was in nine days and FedEx would be swamped.


Gratitude, Parts One and Two

Part One: 
Melissa was there to help. She would periodically come out from behind the counter and ask the people waiting in line which services they needed. That way, the folks who had packages with preprinted labels could go to the drop off area, the folks who needed supplies could go to checkout, and the rest of us could continue to stand in the long (but not as long) line. Nobody would end up waiting only to find out they'd have to go elsewhere in the store to wait again. Nice!

Part Two:
Ana helped me work out the most logical service to purchase to be sure the envelope reached its destination in time. She maintained a cheerful good attitude despite the holiday rush, which she passed on to me. Lovely!

A burden lifted, thanks to these kind women.



No comments: