Friday, April 16, 2021

The BRIGHT SPOT Awards: No. 026

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Recipient:
John @ The Chocolate Therapist, Littleton

My friend Stephanie introduced me to The Chocolate Therapist in Littleton, a sweet (literally and figuratively) shop on the main drag. It's wonderful. The scent alone lowers your blood pressure as soon as you step inside.

Because I am a fervent believer in both chocolate and therapy, I was thrilled to realize TCT was a short few blocks away from one of my temp assignments. I vowed to stop being such a ninny and take an actual break away from my desk for a walk and a treat. 

John was at the counter and greeted me. His tone was just marvelous. Deep and resonant and somewhat unexpected in one who was young enough to be my child. (Yes, I know I could easily be mother to a thirty-something. Never you mind.)

Even though I knew people must say it to him all the livelong day, I couldn't resist.
"You've got a great voice."

Yes, not the first time he's ever heard that.
Yes, he has done some voice work -- various YouTube projects to make use of his gift. 

And because he was so pleasant, and because he made me a lovely beverage, and because of that voice, and because he honored me by sharing a bit about himself, and because I am a sucker for cashiers, he was the (lucky?) winner.






1 comment:

Jana said...

I want Chocolate Therapy! Uh, does self-administered therapy count? Because if so, I indulge in therapy almost every day..